West Nile Virus

Good morning! The topic for today's adventure risk is the west nile virus. The disease is spread by mosquitos. Mosquitos like to camp near stagnant pools of water. If it isn't obvious, when setting up your camp, DO NOT place it near a stagnant pool of water to avoid further contact. Dress in clothing that covers most of the skin, even if it's hot outside. This risk can be mitigated with repellent that contains DEET, similar to lyme disease. As always, do not apply DEET repellant directly to the skin. West nile virus cannot be treated with antibiotics because it is a virus. Seek treatment from a doctor to ease the symptoms from the west nile virus. Happy adventuring!



Comments

  1. I have never heard of this virus, so thank you for the amazing tips and insight on it. I love spending time outside and tend to attract mosquitos, so this is very helpful information to me. I will be sure to keep this in mind, next time I am outside in the woods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hypothermia

Lyme Disease

Water Purification and Giardia